What else was there to see apart from the new codeci and seminars? Well there was a good range of participation games with some very nice boards:
a full size rhino made from an armoured personnel carrier:
The only shame is I did not get to see inside it or see it move. It could have just been an external mockup- if I had not seen the photos online of it being converted.Â THQ built it to promote dawn of war II. Warhammer online, DOWII and Bloodbowl all had demo/stalls but the queues were so long I did not get to try any of them.
UK Gamesday 2008, thousands of wargamers, loads of games, and a fair bit of new and interesting stuff from GamesWorkshop…..
I was fortunate enough to buy my ticket early enough to get into one of the games development seminars, covering the new marine codex, the fantasy warriors of chaos army book and anything else we wanted to ask. The new Chaos warriors looks very interesting (I had a chance to flick through the book):
- all chaos warriors come with chaos armour
- chaos chosen are now a special choice but are WS6 monsters who get to roll on the eye of the Gods table (more on that later)
- Chaos knights cause fear, have new plastics, and will only cost Â£12 for a box of five
- Trolls and other monsters will be available again, along with a new “warÂ altar”.
- The hellcannon is toned down a bit, but is only a single rare choice
- A whole host of new special characters (including a slanneshi champion who gets 7 S5 attacks and a hero who can bring a unit on from any edge of the board)
- The eye of the Gods table. Heros who kill a champion in a challenge, chosen, trolls which regenerate 2+ wounds in a single phase etc get to roll on a table (2d6) with a range of boosts. 1 in 36 to be stupid, 1 in 6 to get ignored, all the rest are boosts, from +1 S/T/Ld all the way up to cause terror and stubborn with a 4+ ward save and last for the whole game.
- 3 new magics spell lists, including a spell cast on a 15+ which causes 2d6 hits at strength 2d6, and if you roll 11 or 12 for strength, the whole unit disappears….
The new chosen…